Click here for the TL;DR version.
Senior Content Writer, Global Go to Market, Advanced Customer Support
October 2016 – Present
• Translate expertise around how Oracle Advanced Customer Support (ACS) supports the entire Oracle solution stack, and define key concepts to internal and external audiences
• Drive optimization for ACS sales and delivery teams by developing internal assets, including comprehensive training and reference materials, presentations, video scripts, and white papers
• Build interactive solution reference catalog to simplify the ACS service offering and customer-to-cloud journeys for cross-line-of-business use
• Create awareness of and demand for ACS products and services in the marketplace through the creation of blog posts, bylined articles, and other marketing materials that highlight unique value proposition to key verticals
• Develop timely, relevant content to showcase ACS’s mission-critical support for Oracle customers, and how ACS helps to maximize the availability, performance and value of Oracle solutions throughout the technology lifecycle
• Provide strategic editorial counsel and oversight for ACS internal and external communications
• Play integral role in developing the ACS presence at Oracle OpenWorld, ensuring that sales and delivery teams have custom-tailored support for successful lead generation and customer contact
• Research emerging technology trends and uncover competitive insights to counsel stakeholders on impact to Oracle and its customers
November 2013 – October 2016
• Served as product expert for internal and external audiences
• Understood and effectively communicated product capabilities and how they applied to specific business use cases
• Trained new sales and sales consulting hires on how to find and use product collateral; educate sales personnel on evolving product capabilities
• Created product collateral to reflect current capabilities through the most recent release
• Created messaging that clearly illustrated how the product pertained to different industries
• Worked directly with field marketing staff to create campaign collateral to help reach quarter and yearly sales goals
• Coordinated with partner marketing to create relevant content for systems integrators and resellers
• Worked with product development and inbound product management on various release activities, including creation of release control document, updated product data sheets and any related training or education materials
• Cross-trained sales personnel from other lines of business to understand product capabilities and drive cross-sell opportunities
• Partnered with product marketing to create annual immersion training materials
• Wrote and edited various external or customer communication, including sales proposals and ROI calculators
• Created decks and other materials for quarterly analyst calls to succinctly illustrate growth through new customers, renewals and expansions, diversity of verticals, and geographic reach
• Nurtured productive relationships with global field sales force to accurately maintain a complete view of customer use cases, satisfaction, and results
• Prior to Oracle’s acquisition of TOA Technologies in 2014, I was a senior content specialist within TOA’s marketing division, tasked with producing content for print and web, including white papers, e-books, blog posts, fact sheets and other materials as requested by sales or the executive team
Online Content Manager
Cleveland Museum of Natural History
January 2010 – November 2013
Managed social media for the Museum, with a focus on audience engagement and growth; edited quarterly member magazine and oversaw relaunch/rebranding; created and edited copy for internal customers; created and edited weekly email newsletter. Participated in RFP and vendor selection for new cmnh.org and planned and populated all-new content in preparation for launch.
Authority Media LLC
May 2009 – August 2011
Co-conceived, edited and wrote for award-winning online magazine OhioAuthority. During its tenure, OhioAuthority caught the attention of longtime journalists, the local business community, prominent cultural institutions and the Cleveland Press Club, which honored the online magazine with a first place award for Imaging in 2011, for the video series “Live from Bad Racket.” Contributed columns, essays and articles, and photography. Conducted site management through OhioAuthority‘s custom-designed content management system.
Northern Ohio Live Magazine
February 2002 – May 2009
Determined direction and editorial vision of Northern Ohio Live, a monthly regional arts, culture and lifestyle magazine. Recruited and managed freelance talent and interns; ensured consistency of editorial content and quality; worked with publisher to grow magazine revenue, subscription base and newsstand sales; managed day-to-day operations of the editorial department.
January 2001 – December 2001
Associate editor for Supply Chain Technology News, a national monthly trade magazine for the supply chain industry. Responsibilities included news, features and putting the magazine online each month, as well as implementation of a weekly email newsletter.
September 1997 – December 2000
Researched and wrote about companies in the plastics, chemicals and durable goods segments for a competitive intelligence firm in Cleveland, Ohio.